ELIGIBILITY & SELECTION CRITERIA:
The criteria for the selection of experts/assessors for NABL are based on the following:
|Age of the expert should be 45-55 years||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology or a Master’s degree in Science
In case of medical testing, postgraduate in relevant medical fields or Ph.D. in relevant scientific fields
|Minimum of ten years in the relevant field of testing/ calibration out of which 5 years at supervisory level and above.
In case of medical testing:Minimum of ten years in clinical laboratory, out of which 5 years at supervisory level and above.
For PTP and RMP, Minimum of ten years of experience in analysis and/ or characterization of relevant PT items/ reference material and trained as per ISO/IEC 17025 and/ or ISO 15189
Other important aspects considered for selection are:
- Extensive experience in performing testing and calibration
- Experience in laboratory management and operations
- Current responsibilities for day to day management of testing and/ or calibration
- Development and implementation of laboratory management system.
- A high degree of communication skills, both oral and written.
- Related professional activities including publication of technical papers in the testing or calibration, standards development and participation in conducting and/or coordinating proficiency programmes.