Assessor’s training programmes are conducted by NABL. The identified technical experts are required to qualify the NABL Assessor Training Course for being eligible for empanelment as assessors. NABL organizes Assessor Training courses for
- ISO/ IEC 17025: 2017 assessors for Testing (other than medical) & Calibration laboratories
- ISO 15189: 2012 assessors for Medical Laboratories
- ISO/ IEC 17043: 2010 for Proficiency Testing providers (PTP) and
- ISO 17034: 2016 for Reference Material Producer (RMP).
Those who complete this course, NABL may empanel them as NABL Assessors provided they have qualified the
- criteria for personal attributes and
- written examination which NABL conducts at the end of the course.
NABL empanels only those experts who sign a contract with NABL.
The course material is based on
- ILAC-G3– Guidelines for Training Courses for Assessors Used by Accreditation Bodies
- APAC CBC-002- Guidelines on Training Courses for Assessors (Laboratories, Inspection Bodies, Reference Material Producers, Proficiency Testing Providers, Biobanks) and
- ISO 19011– Guidelines for auditing management systems
The course contents include but not limited to the following:
- Assessment principles including risk-based assessment principles, practices and techniques
- General management system principles and tools
- Applicable standard (ISO/IEC 17025 ‘General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories’ or ISO 15189 ‘Medical laboratories – Requirements for Quality and Competence’ or ISO/IEC 17043 ‘Conformity Assessment – General Requirements for Proficiency Testing’ or ISO 17034 ‘General Requirements for the Competence of Reference Material Producers)’
- Relevant specific criteria document
- NABL rules and processes
- Understanding the knowledge of practices and processes of the Conformity Assessment Body (CAB) business environment
- Communication skills
- Note-taking and report-writing skills
- Opening and closing meeting skills
- Interviewing skills and
- Assessment management skills.
- Rs 20,000/- plus GST (as applicable)
- The course fee includes charges for course material, boarding, lodging etc.